Work Flow of CAST-DESIGNER CPI
- Start from 3D casting, support almost CAD system.
- Standard CAD import and export: STEP, IGES, BREP, DXF, STL.
- Extra converter to support Catia, UG, Pro-E and Solidworks data directly.
- Support many CAE mesh format (such as STL, UNV, Ansys, Nastran etc.)
- Build in Open CASCADE CAD kernel with full 3D CAD capability.
- Powerful CAD clean, healing & processing functions.
Powerful Meshing & Mesh Assembly:
For a long time, part meshing and mesh assembly is the most difficult and headache problem of FEM software, now, Cast-Designer make it so simple and easy. With more than 20 years studying, many innovation and unique technologies had acquired by Cast-Designer, to ensure the meshing process is easy, robust, accurate and flexible.
- Fully automatically 3D meshing to generate hexahedron elements, no CAE background required.
- Very fast and robust mesh generation, flexible to control the element size in different direction.
- Online preview of the mesh result.
- Powerful ‘Group’ function to re-structure the CAD objects, such as re-combine or extract the object(s) from existed CAD components. With built in mesh level Boolean operation function, the mesh engine can treat the headache modeling problems, like CAD intersection, object overlay, holes or broken surface in original model.
- The original data could be CAD or surface mesh (i.e. STL) or mixed CAD and surface mesh.
- Automatic fix the CAD problems, like intersection, gap, hole and dirty CAD surface.
The part with very thin wall and many intersection surfaces, the mesh process was fully automatically and took 4 minutes. The final mesh with 356,000 elements and very good describe of the CAD features.
Innovation technologies used for Cast-Designer:
- Build in coarse mesh technology to catch the tin feature and keep the thin wall with reasonable element numbers
- Automatic layer option to ensure no dead elements during the filling process
- With local mesh technology for different mesh density, the number of mesh block is no limitation
- Advance node smoothing and mapping technology to maintain a high quality mesh and with good geometry description
- The ‘Mark point’ function to ensure the mesh quality on the given points
- The ‘Catch up fine feature’ to enhance the mesh quality for fine geometry feature in a very economic mesh numbers
- Very powerful mesh assembly function. Support mixture mesh elements and full automatically, it is the breakthrough technology in the market today, and the generated different type mesh with same node position for good heat transference.
- Generate surface mesh with remesh for some special proposal
- Powerful shell generation function for investment casting
- Save mesh parameter to data file, and use back in anytime
- Online support for various casting process
Mesh generation with the ‘Catch up fine feature’ option. [one dot] the original STL data;, [Two dot] meshing result without ‘Catch up fine feature’ option. The cell size was 1.5mm and with 220,746 elements finally. [Three dot] meshing result with ‘Catch up fine feature’ option. The cell size was 1.5mm and with 198,410 elements finally.
- One windows page for all object define, interface setup, boundary condition and control parameters, easy to use
- Using template concept, pre-define all the casting process, simple select and make modification
- Rich material data, select material from database directly
- Material database management tools. One database for both thermal flow analysis and stress analysis
- Build in wizard for parameter setting, such as HTC, filling velocity, cooling channels
- Rich control parameters. The default value already suitable almost usage but still possible for some special adjustment.
- All conditions and parameters could be saving as CSF template and use back anytime.
Analyze & Results:
- Perform simulation and result analysis.
- High-end technology with fast simulation speed, rich and accurate result.
- Depend on the model size, the typical simulation time from half hour to two hours for a thermal and flow simulation.
- Batch simulation mode and multi tasks management.
- The parallel solver becomes the default solver, using the last FEM/CFD technology.
- Using the most powerful tools as post-process – ParaView. It can handle huge model, also with very flexible method for result treatment.
- Flexible plug-in filter for post-process, special customized for casting process.
- One click for filling, solidification and stress analysis result.
- Results in various formats, support animation and VRML.
- Batch animation and various tools for gas entrapment analysis
- Shrinkage porosity analysis, Niyama criteria, SDAS , cooling rate analysis
- Powerful automatic report function. One report to support multi languages.
Simulation speed for a typical HPDC case:
- ~30 minutes for a general gating system design with overflow.
- ~10 minutes for analysis model setup.
- 1 to 1.5 hours for a general thermal and fluid flow analysis.
- ~30 minutes for an engineering report.
4 to 5 design concepts could be designed and evaluated in one work day!
Cast-Designer provides material database as standard. It has a material database which contains over 400 types of material data. Initial value for each material is prepared in the database so that required material database is available by clicking the name of the material. Also, it is easy to customize the database as you want, such as adding new material data or changing some value of the existing material.
Casting process and advance module:
- Semi-solid forming and liquid forging.
- Squeezing casting and local pin squeezing.
- Microstructure analysis for Al and Mg.